PlayShakespeare.com
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Polonius' idea about Hamlet and Ophelia

Polonius' idea about Hamlet and Ophelia 6 years 2 months ago #1752

Again, where is the textual evidence to support the idea in Hamlet regained that Polonius wants to force Ophelia to marry Hamlet to rid him of his madness?

I also teach RJ and MacB. Boy, they are a lot easier to teacher than Hamlet!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Polonius' idea about Hamlet and Ophelia 6 years 2 months ago #1754

Hamlet Regained has its own discussion forum, a much better place to ask your questions. Btw, that extraordinary web site projects the beliefs and ideas of one equally extraordinary individual, whose thoughts and beliefs may or may not always (how shall I say this?) be completely acceptable to many other students of the play.

Regards, Charles

Polonius' idea about Hamlet and Ophelia 6 years 2 months ago #1756

Mr. Jordan has his own particular interpretation of Hamlet. And it's thorough and has many good points and observations. But it also has many points that few people besides Mr. Jordan agree on. Interpretation is often a question of estimating the probability that a certain reading is the most correct one. Different people estimate such probabilities differently. In the final analysis, you need the proper background knowledge in order to make qualified estimates, but... we are not yet quite sure what the proper background knowledge is... Only thing we can do is to keep looking, and keep setting new challenges for Shakespeare's text. :-)

Polonius' idea about Hamlet and Ophelia 6 years 2 months ago #1757

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully, I want look like a satyr when teaching this play and will shine like a Hyperion!
  • Page:
Moderators: William Shakespeare
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds