PlayShakespeare.com
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: King Lear on the BBC-Drama on 3

King Lear on the BBC-Drama on 3 7 years 3 months ago #324

Shakespeare's classic tale of treachery and betrayal illustrates the consequences of evil triumphing over truth and the vanity of old age.

Duration: 2 hours, 40 minutes

King Lear ...... Corin Redgrave
Duke of Kent ...... David Troughton
Duke of Gloucester ...... John Carlisle
Goneril ...... Geraldine James
Regan ...... Kika Markham
Cordelia ...... Justine Waddell
Edmund ...... William Houston
Edgar ...... Robert Glenister
Duke of Albany ...... John Rowe
Duke of Cornwall ...... Clive Francis
Fool ...... Paul Copley
Oswald ...... Struan Rodger
King of France ...... Sean Baker
Old Man/Gentleman ...... Gavin Muir

Music specially composed by Elizabeth Parker.

Directed by Cherry Cookson.

Click here to visit our document respository to download.
58MB
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: benj, Shannon Ditto

King Lear on the BBC-Drama on 3 4 years 6 months ago #4765

Hi,
Newbie here. I started listening to this wonderful BBC rendition of "King Lear" on my iTouch. Great stuff. I followed along with the text from the App you folks made, which made it easy to follow (esp with the list of Personae Dramatis).

However, the only controls visible on the QuickTime player were: Play/Pause, Volume and "Done". So, after I' listened to about half of the over 2hours, when something made my iTouch hang, there was NO WAY to resume at the place the audio had stopped. There was no progress bar showing how far along the audio was, and no "thumb" to drag to move the audio over that first hour. I have to admit I was too tired to listen to the first hour AGAIN in order to hear the rest.

Is this a problem with my iTouch?

OR, is the limitation because of some flag set within the file itself, or something else about how the website sets up the download? (Which could be fixed?)

I know I just joined, so maybe there is an FAQ I missed... But could someone take a look and let me know?

BTW, I think the iPhone/iTouch App is wonderful! It makes my Shakespeare class much easier, being able to follow the text or look up a quote quickly.
Much Thanks,
JWedg

King Lear on the BBC-Drama on 3 4 years 6 months ago #4767

Hi,

Do you mean the iPod Touch? We have no control over the interface in your player. But you should be able to skip/fast forward to the place it hung.

The files are regular sound files. There are no flags, protections, or anything in the files.

Cheers.

King Lear on the BBC-Drama on 3 4 years 6 months ago #4768

Yes, it is the iPod Touch. That's very weird. Any other mp3 plays with all controls showing.

Does anyone know if there is a setting on my iPod Touch which will fix this? I'd dearly like to know!

Thanks so much for the quick response.
JWedg

King Lear on the BBC-Drama on 3 4 years 4 months ago #4846

Sorry for the delayed response. Missed this thread.

I don't think there's a setting in your iPod Touch to fix that. You might try playing the file on your desktop computer to make sure it was downloaded properly. Otherwise Apple Support might be your best bet.

King Lear on the BBC-Drama on 3 4 years 4 months ago #4850

Thank you for the idea. At least it is something to try.

Alas, the class has ended, and my focus has moved on. However! I will be back to try again sometime in the future. Shakespeare is eternal and will merely wait for me to return when I need him again.

Thank you all for your hard work on the App. It is much appreciated by many.
Jeff
  • Page:
Moderators: William Shakespeare
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds