PlayShakespeare.com: The Ultimate Free Shakespeare Resource
  Saturday, 17 May 2008
  0 Replies
  1.3K Visits
  Subscribe
BBA (Been Blogging Again): This is the start of a review of the Penguin Shakespeare, Two Gentlemen of Verona (2005).

There are various, nay, multitudinous, editions of the writings of William Shakespeare available for purchase.

As part of my Complete Works tour, I intend to dip into some of the editions I know, some of the ones I don't know, and some I will not want to know ever again. Each edition I look at will be read with regard to a particular play - I'll have watched the play beforehand, most likely in the BBC production. I'll also have read through the The Oxford Shakespeare's The Complete Works (Compact Edition).

I start with a firm favourite of mine - The Penguin Shakespeare.

If anyone is interested, the rest of the over-view (rather than review) is spread over three posts on:

http://shakespearence.blogspot.com/

The start is called, Penguin Shakespeare - and, as is usual with blogs, second and third parts appear above it.

I have to say - I do like the Penguin Shakespeare. It gives me everything I need, essentially the text, and doesn't get in the way of my reading. The introductions are good, the format predictable.

It is going to take something really good to knock it off its 'My First Choice' pedestal.

:D
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Get the Shakespeare Pro app