PlayShakespeare.com: The Ultimate Free Shakespeare Resource
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Timon of Athens" with Hudson River Shakespeare Company

"Timon of Athens" with Hudson River Shakespeare Company 5 years 8 months ago #2342

Hello! What can the members of this board tell me about Timon of Athens? It's not one of the Bard's better known plays, but my local Shakespeare company (http://www.hudsonrivershakespeare.org/) will be presenting it the last weekend of January. Has anyone here actually seen Timon in performance, and if so, how did you like it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Timon of Athens" with Hudson River Shakespeare Company 5 years 8 months ago #2343

It's a difficult play to do well. A friend played Timon in a recent local production and he remarked how it was "A Christmas Carol" in reverse. A tale of a man who is giving and open to a bitter miser. So you're in for a challenge...

"Timon of Athens" with Hudson River Shakespeare Company 5 years 8 months ago #2345

• rusty
  • Senior Player
  • Thank you received: 6
I performed in a small production. It really wasn't that good but I can't blame the play for that! A difficult play that has had my attention for a while. Very psychological as you watch the implosion of a man who realises his life was deception. I would love to see it down well - would be a real treat. I would like to hear how the production is.
Moderators: William Shakespeare

Banner