PlayShakespeare.com: The Ultimate Free Shakespeare Resource
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: What devices should we support?

iPhone/iPad (iOS) 5 62.5%
Android 3 37.5%
Total number of voters: 8 ( Brad, Calvin E, James Nichols, Mark Fossen, rusty ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Which mobile devices should we support?

Which mobile devices should we support? 5 years 8 months ago #5209

• William Shakespeare
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
We currently have a Shakespeare app on the Android Marketplace (accessible only on Android devices) and the Apple App Store for the iPod/iPhone/iPad/iOS ( http://tinyurl.com/shakespro ). The iOS version is approaching 2 million downloads and the Android app is very low. We're at a crossroads with the Android app, which is free, on whether or not there is sufficient demand to continue developing it...so we're starting this poll.

We'd like users to vote for one OS or another, whichever they prefer. This will help us gauge the interest in each of the platforms.

Please share the URL to this poll: tinyurl.com/voteforanapp
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by William Shakespeare.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Which mobile devices should we support? 3 years 9 months ago #6699

• Brad
  • Neophyte
Hi,

Firstly apologies for replying to such an old topic but i wanted to use it to request that continue to develop the Android version of the application. The phone market has changed a lot since this was first posted and I believe a fully updated Android version is viable.

The fact the the current application sitting on the Play Store is a beta probably does not assist with its uptake, along with the last update having been June 14, 2010.

So please update the application so that it out of beta and on par with the IOS version.

Finally a thank you for a great site and reference.

Which mobile devices should we support? 3 years 9 months ago #6700

• William Shakespeare
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Brad and welcome!

Unfortunately, we had a lack of interest and responses when we piloted that beta app. But, yes, the market has changed since then and we may revisit an Android version. If we do, we might submit a minor update, gauge the interest, then make a decision whether or not there's enough to warrant a major update.

We are about to release a major update to the iOS version in the coming weeks.

Which mobile devices should we support? 3 years 9 months ago #6701

• Brad
  • Neophyte
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I think the idea of a small update to gauge the interest is a good approach. The reason I asked is that I recently moved from an IOS phone to an Android phone and one of the first things I looked for was an equivalent of the application i had owned on the iPhone. I would be happy to pay for a pro version on Android just I did on the IOS platform.

I look forward to the IOS update and hopefully a future Android one.

Thanks.
Moderators: William Shakespeare

Register
Forgot username  Forgot password
Get the Shakespeare Pro app