PlayShakespeare.com: The Ultimate Free Shakespeare Resource
  Friday, 27 April 2007
  3 Replies
  3.8K Visits
  Subscribe
Hello,
I will be seeing LLL at the Globe Theatre in London in July. I would appreciate any thoughts you have on the play, and will be pleased to add mine this summer.
Clint
Hello Clint,

I think it would be interesting to hear how they approached the play there at the Globe. I've seen a few different renditions (all Elizabethan period) and Branagh's film version (which I didn't care much for) so I'm always eager to see how this play migh tbe done differently. Unfortunately, remaining faithful to the text doesn't allow for much of a "free interpretation".

The relationship between Armado & Moth is a great one that Branagh's film basically cut, but there are a few very funny scenes. If you've never seen it before, you'll enjoy it...especially at the Globe!
16 years ago
·
I just read LLL for my Shakespeare II class. Now im working on a paper comparing the misdirection of letters. Anyone wanna give me some ideas about what they think?
16 years ago
·
It's never been one of my favorite plays, however, I saw an excellent production of it at The Shakespeare Theater in Washington, DC.

It was set in the 60's in India. Ferdinand, the king, was a Maharishi Mahesh Yogi type (devoting himself to knowledge and eschewing the company of women). The lords attending him (Longaville, Dumanin and Boyet) were a famous rock band (a la The Beatles in their "Sgt. Pepper" period), Costard was a stoner. The Pricncess and her entourage entered on motorcycles and were clad in 60's mod outfits.

Live rock music was employed, and the fact that the King and his Lords were actual musicians added to the impact of this very stylish production.

Another great touch was when the King and his Lords entered as Russians, they were disguised as Russian Cosmonauts.

Terrific!
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Get the Shakespeare Pro app