PlayShakespeare.com: The Ultimate Free Shakespeare Resource
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Theatre In Education

Theatre In Education 1 year 8 months ago #7073

• Gary
  • Junior Player
  • Thank you received: 1
Although I have been a fan of Shakespeare for many years, it is only really within the last three months where I have been taking it upon myself to study the plays and his life in further detail.

Partially inspired by the Reduced Shakespeare Company, I have always thought it would be nice to present a Complete Works play with a more traditional feel. I have done some research, found this site to be one of the most useful of the lot in all fairness!

Anyway, I have finished a first draft of my Complete Works in a chronological order discovered on Wikipedia - different to the one stated on here, and split them into 5 sections for 5 acts. It was at this moment when I thought it would be great to show these in separate performances, typically for schools where you can give a much wider overview of Shakespeare. Naturally, to accompany this I have been starting to write study guides to accompany each play.

After starting to write the summary of the act, I have dramatically changed the first act, which I have only just finished, along with the summary.

I was wondering if I could get some assistance -I anyone would be so kind - to have a look over the summary and my "introduction to Shakespeare" to ensure I have my facts in place as many of the play overviews can be quite confusing in places!

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Theatre In Education 1 year 8 months ago #7075

• Ron Severdia
  • Scholar
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi Gary,

Feel free to post your progress here and I'll be happy to take a look at it. I'm sure others might as well.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Ron Severdia.

Theatre In Education 1 year 8 months ago #7076

• Gary
  • Junior Player
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, Ron.

There are some pieces that I have had to adapt to fit, so is currently summarised in the point of view of my performance. The main part that I am still trying to get my head around is in the Taming of the Shrew, where Bianca and Katherina are arguing where Bianca's hands are bound at the start of Act 2 Scene 1...I'm after the reason of this brief argument summarised in a sentence.

I know that it stems from jealousy, but for Katherina to be jealous of Bianca, and the mention of Hortensio & Gremio seem to be the crux of this...
Moderators: William Shakespeare

Register
Forgot username  Forgot password
Get the Shakespeare Pro app