From the creators of the popular Shakespeare app comes the ultimate resource for Shakespeare fans—the Shakespeare Pro app. (iTunes link). Shakespeare Pro includes all the features of the free Shakespeare app; the complete works of Shakespeare (40 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems) and a concordance search to find the exact word or phrase you're looking for. Now we've added a number of great new features:
• Enhanced text reading- Choose from a variety of color combinations, change font family or size, display long or short character names, and toggle line numbers.
• Scene Breakdowns- Get an overview of the scenes within a play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
• Tales from Shakespeare- A series of 20 short versions of Shakespeare's plays aimed at a younger audience.
• Bookmarks- In addition to remembering the last page you view for each play, you can save an unlimited number of bookmarks to locate that exact line you're looking for.
• Glossary- The most powerful new feature of Shakespeare Pro is a searchable glossary based on the bestselling lexicon by David & Ben Crystal, Shakespeare's Words. You can also activate the inline glossary to see all the glossary entries while reading the text. Simply tap on a word to see its meaning. You'll never look a word up in the dictionary again.
• Random Quotes- There are many memorable quotes in Shakespeare's works. Simply shake your device for a random quote.
• Portrait Gallery- Browse a gallery of famous Shakespeare portraits.
• Facts and Scansion- Read up on Shakespeare's life, data on his works, and and overview of scansion terminology.
Additional new features include Copy/Paste functionality, scene navigation, and an auto-scroll function. The auto-scroll automatically scrolls the text as you read and you control the speed by tilting your device—even turn your device into a mini-teleprompter.
Even before Apple was allowing developers to create apps for the iPhone, PlayShakespeare.com partnered with Readdle to create a web-based app so iPhone users could carry the complete works in their pocket.
When Apple opened up the iPhone a year later, we were the first Shakespeare app. For the last year and a half, we've given away the complete works of Shakespeare for free. The Shakespeare app (iTunes link) has been the most successful Shakespeare app ever (now there are over 200 Shakespeare-related apps available) with over 800,000 downloads.
Short URL: http://tinyurl.com/shakespro
The administrator has disabled public write access.