PlayShakespeare.com: The Ultimate Free Shakespeare Resource
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Merchant of Venice as Shakespeare Heard It

The Merchant of Venice as Shakespeare Heard It 1 year 10 months ago #7080

• Josephine Yun
  • Neophyte
Hello everyone,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Josephine Yun, and I am the bookkeeper for a theatre company in Baltimore, Maryland called the Baltimore Shakespeare Factory.

We are very excited to be producing Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice in Original Pronunciation in March of this year. As you may know, it will be the first time that modern audiences will be able to hear the play in OP.

We would like to make a high-quality video of this production so that anyone in the world may be able to see it, but need to raise a total of $18,000 in order to afford the recording equipment and staff. Currently, we have raised close to $12,000. And so we would like to request a quick favor. Would you be willing to donate to our Kickstarter campaign?

Please see the link below:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1959154766/...shakespeare-heard-it

Please consider donating - or please share this information to help spread the word. We're trying to raise about $6,000 in the next 6 hours! Any help you could provide would be deeply appreciated. Thank you very much for your time!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Merchant of Venice as Shakespeare Heard It 1 year 10 months ago #7086

• Gary
  • Junior Player
  • Thank you received: 1
Jospehine,

Well done on managing to raise $12,500 of your goal, I'm sorry to see that you weren't able to reach the full amount as this closed yesterday. If it was still open, then I would have happily backed for a Blu-Ray version! I just wouldn't have been able to get there or I might have gone further...

Let me know if you will try again so I can back you up!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: William Shakespeare

Register
Forgot username  Forgot password
Get the Shakespeare Pro app