PlayShakespeare.com: The Ultimate Free Shakespeare Resource
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re: Concept for Performance

Re: Concept for Performance 5 years 5 months ago #5225

• John Zuill
  • Neophyte
  • Thank you received: 5
I just moved from Australia to bermuda. We were in brisbane. Where are you?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Concept for Performance 5 years 5 months ago #5226

• rusty
  • Senior Player
  • Thank you received: 6
Fancy that! Originally from country Victoria but moved to McLaren Vale in South Australia about 2 years ago after a couple of years in Adelaide. The region is poorly served by local theatre and not offering the local kids the chance to really develop their skills beyond old english farces (which they usually fail to understand - they are in many ways a generational thing) and musicals. I've been working over the last couple of years developing a growing group of mostly younger actors who are getting some good experiance in the Bard. Our Much Ado will be in one of the local wineries during their regional festival and prior to that, performing in local schools who are studying the text this year.

What took you to Bermuda and what's the theatre scene like there?

Re: Concept for Performance 5 years 5 months ago #5227

• John Zuill
  • Neophyte
  • Thank you received: 5
Several smaller groups or various levels of competance and one largish well funded group. They want this MAAN as a part of a Shake in the Park program, and asked me to direct it. Ive done some other things in Bermuda over the years. Its a club that has its weaknesses but in general its well funded and a lot of intelligent people are involved. Its surprisingly good for the size of its community. So I have hope of something good.

Talking to people, its looking more and more like a forties thing. Hero as a WAV - in uniform like Claudio, I think makes the betrayal more viscious. Things are firming up I think. I don't actually get there till May.
Moderators: William Shakespeare

Register
Forgot username  Forgot password
Get the Shakespeare Pro app